Tuesday, March 20, 2007

gotta go set those euros straight...

in case you didn't know, i am going to be traveling in europe for most of june.
mainly in france and also in spain.

so naturally, i've spent some time recently researching racing and whatnot in europe.

not an easy task.

of course there is the french cycling federation, but like the usacycling site, it is not a great resource... at least not for finding races, or learning about what one needs to have to race in france.

you know minor details.

i did find all the velodromes in and around paris, i'll probably just show up there and see whats going on.

i would like to race on the road too.
i think i need a uscf international liscence, but it's hard to say.
i've heard stories of americans just using their drivers license as a racing license with no problem.

let's face it, i'm not looking for uci points....

if i can't figure out how to race in france, so be it. i'll enjoy "just" riding too.
i'll just be that much more annoyed to miss my double points at the first radius night...



p.s. where are your results?

Menlo Park GP - WOMEN'S 3

1 Shaun Baesman (Protech Racing)
2 Ileana Garcia-Parker (Webcor/Alto Velo)
3 Vera Divenyl (CRC/Hill & Co.
4 Karla Kingsley (Grumpy's LGR)
5 Nina Patterson (Left Coast Racing Team)

6 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

heck with a race license or a drivers' license.....I think you just need a library card!

very cool you're going to race in europe. one of my girls is from holland. I bet she could find out some info for you. or check with Christine Vardaros from Velo Bella -- she's been racing in europe for the past year or so.

Anonymous said...

Also, let me know what your dates are for Spain- you'll be right at home on the Barcelona velodrome, because it's the same one as in Blaine. Except that it's not covered in snow from October to April.

Should go without saying that I'll check out the racing scene for you, too, but gimme some dates when you can. Hopefully, I can also offer you a place to crash.

But I gotta say that if you want some really sweet track action, I think you need to hit Belgium. I have a friend from Belgium that has a picture of Eddy Merckx on his bedside table- I don't know how his roommate/girlfriend feels about that, though.

You have my email? No? Ask the Rookie. I don't have yours...

(dis)pencer said...

looks like i need to apply for a library card then... :)

if i had my way, (and the $, time, etc), i would hit belgium, and alot more...

but paris, montpellier, marseilles, barcelona, and madrid are more than enough for now.

dirtybikemessenger at thegmail

Anonymous said...

You probably already knew this, but Andy Larson just got back from a huge Euro bike jaunt. I'd bet he could hook you up with some nice peoples.

Anonymous said...

Hotlinking images from other people's server is theft, don't do it. Download the image and host it yourself.

(dis)pencer said...

jorj,

thanks for reading!

i always love to hear feedback for my readers!

thanks for sharing something about yourself, and by reading the blog you can learn more about me!