Thursday, May 24, 2007

erik zabel.

"It doesn't make any difference whether it happened one time or over two years, the point is that it was forbidden to dope, and I doped. I doped, I lied and I apologize for that."

He was unable to control his voice or hold back his tears when he spoke of his son Rick. "My son rides, too, and I don't want him to go through what I went through," said the four-time winner of Milano-Sanremo.

- erik zabel, from cyclingnews.

well.

that settles that.

zabel, aldag, ullrich, basso, landis, hamilton, andreau, heras, etc, etc.

will lance fess up?

5 comments:

StevenCX said...

Zabel's still my hero.

Anonymous said...

Lance will never, ever admit to doping outside of his cancer treatment. EVER! (even though he did it too)

little d

Trissel said...

When are we just going to allow the dope?

(dis)pencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(dis)pencer said...

zabel is still a cycling hero if you asked me.

punkass mf'ers like landis and basso whine and cry about being caught and lielielie...

zabel has absolutely no reason to admit that he tried the shit.
but he did.
that is commendable.
does he dope now? who knows.
but i doubt it.

i hope, and i bet he hopes, some of these others will wake the fuck up and quit with the bs.

if they'd just say "yeah, i fucked up. i'm sorry." it wouldn't be as bad as what basso and landis and hamilton did/are doing.

i wish him the best.
i hope milram doesn't fire him, i don't think it's nessasary.

...but if they do, i won't bitch about it either.
he stepped up to take it like he should. i'm sure he is aware of the possible consequences.