Friday, November 09, 2007

1rm.

did my first 1rm test of the 07-08 off-season last night.

feeling a tad wrecked this morning, but not as bad as i expected... but there is always tomorrow!

big dave says day two after lifting is his favorite. but he's crazy.

painful stuff, but if you want to have that kick it's gotta be done.
joe knows what i'm talking about.

so, my squat max is up from this time last year. isn't that exciting?
well, it's very nice considering i've felt slow all year.
(i think my brake pad was rubbing).

i'm also setting up some yearly plans for a few people, and showing them the ins and outs of the gym work stuff.
this is awesome, i like doing it and it is really rewarding. last year i only set up one lifting plan for a cyclist, (and the first one i wrote that wasn't for me), but we managed to peak at the right time with some very good results in targeted races, and earn a category upgrade!
that was rad.
one of the highlights of my season.

speaking of my season; my schedule only has the state cx and jingle cx left on it.

then it'll be a very nice 2 weeks off the bike, and then the gear up for next season.

my racing age will be a very scary 30 next year, so i will be taking advantage of this phenom and heading to t-town for master's nationals. i'm gonna get on the podium.
watch.

i have a few other secrets up my sleeve, but i'll hold on to them for now.

in other news, dan wold has left the state.
he will be repping lgr in az, and easily winning the az state jersey in the match sprints this year.
but he will be back, then we'll smack up the other team sprint teams.
woo!




1 comment:

Lynne said...

Waited and waited and waited for the promised bikethrow.com commentary on Rum River. I see nuthin'. Hmmmm.