Thursday, February 28, 2008

idol and actual.

the challange.

using only european pro cyclists, present or past, (and all doping scandals aside), answer me this loyal readers;

riding/racing style-wise who is your cycling idol?
who do you wish you raced like?

and;

riding/racing style-wise
who do you actually race like?


personally, i think sean kelly and greg lemond are my biggest cycling idols. but for me, i wish i raced
like a alejandro valverde.



you know. suprisingly decent sprinter, and a very strong climber.
a top-level "all-rounder".

i guess kelly was something like that too... but he's crazy. i don't want to be crazy.

...and i think i may actually be more of a philippe gilbert, not usually there on the climbs, and not usually there these days in the sprint, but can be somewhat dangerous if he happens to make it. a good team player, usually in a breakaway. a lot of decent finishes, but not the top dog.



an "opportunist".

plus i'd look good good in a white kit.


how about you?

4 comments:

Charlie_A said...

Jalabert after the crash. He could win the week long races, and one day events. Raced smart - smart enough to win the climbers jersey at TDF. I remember watching one TDF stage on Bastille day and he was in a break in the green jersey all day. That was good to watch.

Probably race like Bobby J. although not as much a TT guy. I can hang in there in the climbs, but not a real sprint.

Peter Anderson said...

HORNER

FPA

Skibby said...

Taffi, I don't care what super-dorkie thinks, my favorite Italian racer ever.

Jason said...

I think that if I COULD race like anyone, it would be either a Schleck or Cunego. Or Voight, just because he's a monster.

but in actuality, it's probably too early to know who i race like, but maybe Vladamir Gusev? or maybe Cunego AFTER the '04 Giro.
Who I am I kidding. I probably race most like Bob Roll did in the 80's. He's basically the Uecker (Milwaukee reference) of cycling.