Wednesday, May 14, 2008

my birthday is around the corner... sort of.


...but i know what i want!





the "black cat project" espresso machine.

it was on show at the us national barista championships that were right here in mpls this year. (just a few blocks from my apartment actually).

the judges for the competition stayed at the hotel around the corner from moose and sadie's, and came in every morning for their espresso.

there is a dunn bros. across the street.
i guess they do know their coffee.

ha.

>>>

in other news, i have made good so far on bike to work week!

that means 75 miles commuting so far this week. then there was the 40 leg-ripping miles i did on the "LGR Top Secret Hill Ride" with big matt monday night after work... yowza.

of course, riding to work meant i couldn't get home in time to go to opus (cuz i'm slow)...
well, that and my legs were still pretty pissed at matt.

oh well. you wouldn't get a race report outta me anyway.

those went the way of the do-do. you jerks couldn't handle them. :)




1 comment:

StevenCX said...

Having my own espresso maker has saved me so much money! Of course this one would probably take a little longer to pay for itself. It's also made me an even bigger coffee snob though.