Monday, September 08, 2008

Get some.



As I am sure you have heard, our teammate and friend Jason is dealing with some serious BS.
He is being treated for skin cancer, and it has sucked for him.He's been through multiple visits to the hospitals and doctors, and all kinds of related stress.

He is dealing with it as best he can, (which is pretty well if you asked me), but he definitely can use all the support he can get.

My mom had the same thing, and I know that it is no fun to deal with.

He has been deemed "cancer-free" recently, and that is huge.
huge.
...unfortunatly, so are the bills.

As individuals, I know we have all reached out, and/or offered whatever support we can to Jason in our own ways, and I really want to sincerely thank everyone for it.

Our little bike scene really is something special.

As a way to show our support for Jason, LGR has decided to make wristbands, (ala LiveStrong), to wear in support of Jason and his battle.

I would love to see them on display at every race this cross season.

We will have plenty of extra wristbands, and we are hoping to sell them for donations in any amount. from a quarter to a quarter mill.
These donations will be given 100% to Jason to help with his medical bills.

Please give some thought to wearing a band whenever you are competing, and also to anyone you know that may wish to wear one as well, and cx out for a cause.

find me at the races, or get yours at behind bars bike shop!

Thanks!

No comments: