Monday, October 13, 2008

rainy day.


what are you thinking about?
the past weekend cx races? ha!
not me.

just the facts man.
on rainy days, all i want is coffee. well, espresso actually.
don't wanna be to too awake on a rainy day.

30ml (single) espresso: 40-60mg caffine;
dbl espresso: 70-100mg;
12oz americano: 70-120mg;
12oz brewed coffee: 120-200mg (or more)

robusta has nearly dbl the caffeine of arabica. Most budget coffees are 100% robusta.

Darker roast = higher caffeine.

so, as you can see, it's a complete myth that espresso will keep you awake more than drip coffee. you need 5x shots or more to match 12-16oz drip... but it is so tasty.
p.s. cx was just fine this weekend. although cullen beat me on sunday due to my flat tire, i was able to make up for it earier in the day by hekeling frye during his race, and then riding past him in mine. sweet. like a nice shot of espresso.

3 comments:

Jason said...

two things...

I was actually thinking of how to make dropped chains impossible. as of yet stumped.

AND, I was thinking, you probably didn't know it yet, but you'd have been better with some iced oatmeal cookies to dunk in your espresso.

-teammate.

OTR said...

Hey now, that's just mean. I even asked you if you needed my bike! Besides it took you far too long to pass me and that's not much of an accomplishment anyway.

(dis)pencer said...

did you really?
i didn't hear it... oh well, i borrowed the rookie machine and it rides awesome.

...you can't help but pedal squares and look labored on his bike.
it's wierd.