Monday, November 06, 2006

northfield.

i used to go to see disembodied and harvest shows in northfield.
now i go to
bike races.

the punk shows used to happen at the key cafe.
or keys cafe, or something.
i don't know if it's still there. they were a good
time.

(and yes, i am still nailed to the
x).

years later i still find myself in northfield from
time to time, and it is usually painful.

as much as i dislike crits, the northfield crit presented by
superteam is probably my favorite.

northfield cx on sunday was painful. very very
painful.
not a good
time at all for me. but it's not my fault.

the course was pretty nice, and had two very noteworthly features.
- the h-i-double hockey sticks.
- and the pinwheel.

since no one can really describe the pinwheel properly, i have opted to draw a picture. enjoy.




crazy. i hear stevencx has some footage.

the hill was pretty brutal. steep and tough already, the organizers decided to throw a set of barriers in the middle of it.
cool guys, thanks.

although i was able to
remount and ride the second half of the beast during wamp-up, thanks to my sweet time atac pedals, my race situation did not lend itself to riding, so i was forced to crawl up...

next week is the state champs!
my form seems to spot on to challenge skibby for the
dfl.
that's what i call
peaking.

4 comments:

StevenCX said...

Dude I'm so using that picture in teh video!

(dis)pencer said...

glad to be of service.

Strats said...

I'm definitely learning some stuff from the links here at "the (dis)pencer"...I'm not afraid to admit that I've never heard of "straight edge"...and half of the other things (dis)pencer links to (besides Time).

(dis)pencer said...

you've never heard of unicorns?

that's kind of sad...