Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"thank you for being american".

thats what she just said to me.

she is so sick of "talking to india and pakistan".

i am not really sure why i am suprised. i wonder if she is equally confused by getting dead air after her comment.

it also made me wonder why my job isn't outsourced yet, being that my boss is a huge cheapass.


her uber-american first name was "gygnetha". seriously, how the fuck do you say that?

my stunned silence did not deter her, as she went on and on about the "pakis"...
she didn't get any sale prices.

5 comments:

karla said...

Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised either, but, wow.

StevenCX said...

She shouldn't be thanking you, she should be thanking your boss. You can't blame Pakistanis or whomever for taking a job, and you can't give credit to an American for being born in America. Something people who are 'proud to be American' don't get - how can you take credit for something you had no choice in? Now 'proud to have actually done something to make America a better place besides putting a bumper sticker on my car' would make sense.

Strats said...

Did you charge her double and tell her that it would have been cheaper if WCP had outsourced your position?

You should have just told her that the World is Flat.

Unknown said...

don't know you except through your blog, but this article brought you to mind, and I thought you might be interested (if you haven't seen it already): http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/14/arts/design/14graf.html?hp&ex=1166072400&en=d82755eb266e08c7&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Unknown said...

I want her address so I can send her some Hummus(sarah's sweet recipe)