Thursday, October 18, 2007

know what i hate?

everyone.

i'm totally sick of bike wanker drama.

seriously. who cares?

i have gotten tricked into being involved in b.s. in the past. that's my bad.
but i really don't give a crap about this shit.

i've got a lot of other interests and topics to discuss.

you probably don't know shit about me, except for something about bikes.
get to know me.

hi, my name is spencer.

welcome to my blog.

so here's the brief breakdown:

  • i'm 29.
  • i'm a cancer.
  • i was in a grindcore punk band for years. i played bass. we have a 7", and a are on a comp that profane existence put out.
  • i was a part of anti-racist action, a youth based direct action group against all ism's. we got in fist fights with nazi skinheads, kicked fred phelps out of town, and got in pro-lifers faces on january 22nd each year for roe v. wade, and so forth.
  • i was labeled a terrorist by the state of minnesota. that was sweet.
  • i was a bicycle messenger in milwaukee, san francisco, philadelphia, and minneapolis for a grand total of 5 years.
  • i only destroyed 2 otherwise fine track bikes while messengering.
  • i was hit by about 8 cars total in that time.
  • once in sf. once in philly. the rest in mpls.
  • i hate mpls drivers.
  • i have never ridden in critical mass.
  • for about a year to a year and a half i was followed by a private investigator.
  • i took photos of him and his car and posted them everywhere. (he wasn't very good at his job).
  • i was a member of the northstar anarchist collective, part of the federation of revolutionary anarchist collectives.
  • we did alot of cool stuff around the nwa stikes that were going on at the time. i heard some of the buses taking the scabs to "work" got flat tires. strange.
  • i've had a gun in my face more than once.
  • i've never been shot, but i have seen people get shot.
  • i got beat up by the cops on park and lake st. in front of all the drug dealers.
  • i don't drink. never have.
  • i don't smoke. never have.
  • i don't use. never have.
  • i like to party. (go figure).
  • i'd have more tattoo's if i had more money.
  • i work part-time. why would you want to work more than absolutely necessary? work sucks. life is out there, go live it.
  • in that vein, i'm considering moving to the west coast because minnesota sucks, and because i might be missing something exciting while i'm wallowing here.
discuss.

18 comments:

Christopher Smith said...

I did not know that you had cancer. Glad you are feeling better.

Is that why you are so thin?

Eat a fucking sandwich why don't you?

Strats said...

This is much better than cycling drama.

I want to know more about why Magnum PI was following (or trying to follow) you for a year.

Dan Cleary said...

i'm on the left coast right now. come on out. weather is beautiful today and since the Red Lantern is here... you are missing out on something exciting while you are wallowing there in mpls

OTR said...

Thanks for sprinkling your post with some "bike wanker drama" to hold my interest. I'm going to be focusing more on fake bike wanker drama. Guess I won't get any sponsorships from Smithers' employer.

We have nothing in common except that you hate the same people that I hate. What a coincidence! I still enjoy your spirited posts and comments - that's why you're on the top of my blog list - the fact that there aren't any other links that start with a, b, or c helps too. I hate one particular way to respond to a post people either enjoy, relate with, or appreciate so here it goes.

Word.

Super Rookie said...

hater.

you didn't mention that you went to Washburn who got whooped by Como on Wednesday night.

Lunatic Biker said...

Very interesting. If you want to move or do anything else then do and never look back. Right there with you on the work issue and the tattoo money issue. Peace.

r

Tenacious T said...

Word.

Seriously, this is a pretty cool post.

Homme said...

I thought it was lame. Putting real personal tragedy above the mn cycling drama scene? Give me a f-in break. I liked you better as a petty criminal.

Trissel said...

i like this post a lot. it's interesting looking at values compared to mine. it's making me think about who i am and what i want to be, and most important how i want to raise my boys. i know that's a lot to take in, and sorry it's not more sarcastic.

Peter Anderson said...

I havent been there, but I figure the west coast has as much drama as mpls.

+ we need your punk-ass here.

see you on Sunday.

fpa

tc worley said...

West coast is multitudes better than MN, but you'll have to give up the part-time work thing. It ain't cheap living in paradise - tried it.

Lynne said...

Let me know if you are ever curious about Oregon. Of course, based on you personality vs. mine, I probably wouldn't be any help at all ;-)

Mike Lalla said...

- Hi my name is Dis I'm going to fly to France with the love of my life.
- Crap I can't because of the NWA union strike, now I'm sad and full of hate.
- Here comes those darn "scabs" to save the day, I hate them too.
- Looks like I can still go on my trip. Thanks to these people who are happy with their pay and benefits.
- With out "Scabs" Your trip wouldn't have happened.
- So why the hate?

I understand the timing might be off, but you get my point. What would make you happier? Seeing your trip canceled because of a labor dispute OR going on your trip because the “scabs” are doing their jobs? I guess you could have taken a paddle boat over there.

America is great and you know it.

Anonymous said...

let me guess, pumpkin smasher as a youth? Its that time of year again.

(dis)pencer said...

haha.


c'mon now, if there one thing anyone should know, it's that i stick to my guns, mike.

i flew air canada, (take that USA)!

karla said...

Nice post! Clearly I haven't been keeping up on my blog reading (we won't even talk about writing), or I would have commented earlier. Of COURSE you should move to the west coast! I'm definitely not knocking Minneapolis, I like it and all, and I'll even consider coming back when I have a couple kids running around... (oops, excuse me while I throw up in my mouth, I have an aversion to the thought of me with kids.)

Do it.

Word :)

los said...

you tried that wc shit already.

you blew it when you wouldn't wear a helmet for the best mess gig in the country.

i blew it when i couldn't fathom starting over by myself. i ran back home to mpls.

people perpetually midwest themselves. there's weird gravity here.

but you're right, bike drama is lame. posts like this one are the reason i come here.

Anonymous said...

Bad ass, I like your style.