Friday, November 16, 2007

deep fried.



so, i was going to report on how my co-worker got me ill.
how i've been feeling run-into-the-ground, for the last 3 days...
build it up all dramatic-like, with the hemming and hawing, and how i really shouldn't race this weekend, "but, it's states dammit".

and i was probably going to go so far as to claim my "undying love" for the sport, and for the suffering... and my total lack of fear donning a skinsuit in 35 degree weather.

...but then frye just up and crapped out.

he just up and said, "i am totally and completely punking out, and i don't care what you think".
and then continued, "my old, and brittle bones have a hard enough time dealing with the stress of cyclocross, if i go to a race ill, well, i may just end up coming home in a bodybag".

much respect to frye for having the courage (ahem) to wuss out of a race. i envy that kind of dedication to the couch.
but, as i thought about it more, he did have a point.
...and it just seemed so much easier.

so, i'm out.
no states for me.
on a good day i could have pulled 4th at best, so the dream was of the lowest step on the podium... now, thanks to frye, that dream is shattered.

somebody find me a cowbell.
(ray, i'm looking at you).

7 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

no fucking way. absolutely not. you show up with a bike and race or i'm gonna be absolutely bizerk pissed.

Peter Anderson said...

I agree..

Harden the F* up

Its the last race of the year. Oh, unless you have bigger plans... but come on'

Get going dude. Its only 45 minutes of pain. Then go take a nap.

Bring the 76-spoked rims. And the Pink BW gear.

FPA

Anonymous said...

I hate ketchup.

OTR said...

I laughed so hard I blew snot all over the keyboard! Hmmm, I feel better now. Thanks dis!

(dis)pencer said...

bigger plans are jingle cx... which i already paid for, so if i keep myself sick for that i'll be extra pissed...

frye, glad to be of (dis)ervice.

Lunatic Biker said...

I'll think about it. 'I hate ketchup'. What a pussy.

StevenCX said...

Jingle Cross FTW. I gots plenty of cowbells. They're not as cool as Ray's though.