Wednesday, April 09, 2008

mark.


One rider was extremely irritated after the race. Mark Cavendish couldn't deliver the win for High Road, since he didn't even sprint. "Too dangerous, too dangerous," the British rider shouted. "There was no wind and people sprinted who can't even sprint. Okay, it's their right, as it's a one-day race." Cavendish continued fuming. "I nearly crashed five times in the last two kilometres. Five times!" Did he have the legs to win? "Yes, but I didn't even sprint."
from cyclingnews.

Mark was recently compared to lance in cockiness.
i find it hard to believe that was a compliment.

he should go on an urthel ride, seeing his affection for shouting. remember the tour of cali?
mark after his stage 6 relegation;

"I think it's bullshit because when you neutralize a race 15km from the finish when an American is in the yellow jersey, last year, why you can't go with that rule!" a disappointed Cavendish told Cyclingnews. "It's just bullshit -- who is working on this f**king race? I don't understand it. There have been cars in bike races for a hundred years."

"When you have every car in the peloton dropping back to get me on... like it has been in professional cycling for a hundred years... who is working on the jury here? What are you going to do, make it a f**cking crit every day? So now next year they are going to make it a criterium every day!"

class act.

who yells during or after races?

get over yourself.

4 comments:

Christopher Smith said...

who yells during or after races?

Super Rookie

Charlie_A said...

Were you at the yelling circle (Track) last night? I was heading home from a ride and thought I saw you pulling out of the lot ~7:20. Is the track open (before the snow today)?

(dis)pencer said...

...ok, super rookie has been known to yell - but has anyone been known to listen?
plus he fits into the jackass mold presented here pretty well i think.

and charlie, it was me you saw. bob was going to open the track this week but with the snow it'll be officially open next week sometime.

but i did get to ride, and it was sweet.
...and cold.

Charlie_A said...

Sweet! Thought I saw the Dubay boys at the start of my ride.

I was going to roll slow and ask you then, but you got the green light and I was going straight.